Saturday, January 12, 2013

Cortona, Italy! Field trip #1

Yesterday I went to Cortona, Italy. Most of the ride there, on the private bus, I spent sleeping but the time I was awake I was amazed with the beautiful Tuscan hills. It was pretty gloomy the whole day we were there but that didn't stop us from having a great time. Cortona is everything I hoped it would be. As of right now, Cortona is my favorite place in Italy. It's pretty quiet and it's a clean little Etruscan town. It's on a very big hillside so we had an amazing view from where we were. We had a guided tour in three different churches there. I accidentally took some pictures in one I wasn't supposed to but nobody yelled at me, so I think it's okay. Maybe? Anyway, after our tour we were free to wander around the town for a couple hours. We ate at a very good restaurant. Once again, I can't remember the name but the bathroom was very rememberable.  It was filled with porcelain dolls that were staring at you through the mirror. I didn't take a picture but I should have. It was a little scarring. :) They had the best ravioli I have ever had. Seriously. I didn't order dessert but a lot of people did. There was a dessert, something like tiramisu, but covered with fudge. Also, a dish with pears covered in chocolate sauce. The last dessert was a plate of arrangements of homemade chocolates from Cortona. I can't remember all the flavors but there was pine nut, pistachio, hazelnut, rum raisin, barley, chile, and a couple others. I would really like to go back to Cortona, because it was so cute and the view was beautiful. We were all pretty beat after the field trip because it had started to rain at one point. Me being the intelligent person I am decided to wear a pair of my flats. Not a good choice. I'm sure I will learn :)
        



No comments:

Post a Comment