Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Roommates, Trips, Apps

Hey Everyone!

It's been awhile since I have posted anything, mainly because I really haven't found out any news until today. 

On November 20th, I was able to meet with the honorary consulate in Minneapolis to get my papers notarized. It wasn't until the 26th of November, I was able to get those papers out because I needed to make copies and I was home for Thanksgiving then. Hoping to get my passport back with the visa soon. The good news for today was that I found out who my roommates were. I have three other roommates!! I am so excited. I was hoping to get more than one roommate so I am thankful. I am also trying to figure out what field trips I would like to go on while in Italy. The ones that they have to offer are Bologna, Rome, Milan Fashion Week, and Naples/ Sienna. I am thinking about going to Rome, Naples and Sienna. I was super excited about Milan Fashion Week but I recently found out that that trip is for SRISA Fashion students only. Bummer. I am super excited for this experience!

My Aunt Margaret and Uncle Mark are coming to visit me during my spring break in March. We are planning on spending most of our time in Lucca where the Micheletti family originally came from. Our hopes are to be able to potentially find some relatives. It would be great to meet some distant relatives but being with my Aunt and Uncle will be great enough for me! 

I have been pretty busy these past couple months so I haven't been making time to try and learn some of the Italian language. I have a couple apps on my iPod though which I have played around with when I do have time, so I have learned a few greetings. I also have an app called Italy which has all the names of the cities and gives you a list of things like places to eat, hotels, sightseeing, history, architecture, and so much more. When I find time I will focus on one city and just read all about it ( I have been focusing on Florence for now mainly, as that is where I will be living). 

Other than that, not much is new with this girl! Just super excited for this experience and hoping it is a safe and enjoyable one! I will keep you all posted when I find out anything new and exciting. 

Ci vediamo dopo. (See you later!)

No comments:

Post a Comment